Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I really her girlfriend

Dear second floor,
    About nine months ago I started dating this girl, we'll call her Emma, and at first it seemed to be going pretty well. It was a well balanced relationship but around the time school let out things started to get shaky. We started talking less, and eventually we really only texted each other, and when we did it was only to help with this story we're writing. When school picked back up I thought things would get better, but it didn't. We would hang out at school, but after we would just text. When we weren't writing the story Emma was complaining to me about something. All she ever wanted to talk to me about was the story or complain. If it wasn't about either she wasn't interested. I provided a lot of emotional support through her late night homework, which would in turn make me fall asleep the next day in class (I've gotten in trouble for that three times now), however one day I went through a serious dip in depression, where I was contemplating suicide (My mother took me to a therapist when she found out), and Emma's main concern was the story. Outside of school, now we only seem to talk when she's bored or needs to complain. I don't want to break up with her though, because she's really sensitive. I apologize for how long this was, I just needed some advice.

I'm so sorry for you're previous thoughts of suicide, but I am glad that you were able to get help. For future reference, if you have these thoughts again you can call the suicide prevention lifeline 1 (800) 273-8255 or 911. Sometimes during a relationship things may fizzle out or you may find yourself distancing from the person that you are dating. Have you tried discussing with her how you have been feeling? You could talk to her about the change that you see in your relationship. Maybe you want to fix thing or maybe you are ready to move on and that's ok too! You don't want to stay in a relationship just because the other person may be sensitive. You need to think about what you need from a relationship and if this relationship is adding positivity to your life. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8 PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X