Dating or just "it"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating or just "it"?

I've known this guy for almost 5 years now. We've been through so much together and we almost lost each other for a couple of months. Now we're back to being friends but I feel like the only thing he wants is sex. Sometimes I'm even convinced that I'd do it. Maybe I would, but I'm always scared of the outcome. Will our relationship still be the same or will he or I want more? I don't know if I'm ready but sometimes I feel so ready for anything and I don't care. Nothing physically serious has happened between us but he'll say some things and they just make me feel so like bad. Bad as in "ooh" not bad like mean. Ugh I'm so confused. Any tips?

The decision to have sex is a very personal one and it is something that should be given a lot of thought. It is important that it happens when you are ready for it, not just because you feel your friend wants you to. If this guy is your real friend he should not make you feel any sort of way about not having sexual relations with him so think about that. When you do consider having sex just think about why it is that you want to have sex. Is it pressure or do you really want to have sex? Do you care about this person? Is this someone you can trust? If you do decide to have sex take into account the risks too, like pregnancy, STDs, etc. Just make sure you practice safe sex and use a condom to limit the exposure to diseases and pregnancy. If you have more questions about sex you can visit www.sexetc.org or http://www.scarleteen.com/ for educational information and stories about teens from teens. If you want to talk more give 2NDFLOOR a call 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us daily 4-8PM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X