Boyfriend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend

I've been kind of dating this guy for the past 2 weeks and I should honestly just break up with him, I feel like I am really picky in terms of who I like and who to go out with. There is just no one I have met at my college who has what I am looking for that I have met so far. I agreed to go out with him because he is really interested in me and I have been trying to keep and open mind since there is no one that I'm really into at my school. I am kind of resent ful towards my friends at other colleges because they show me pictures of guys and tell me about how funny the guys at their schools are and I see picturs and like why isn't anyone at my school that good looking or normal and nice. Everytime I am with my boyfriend he is annoying me in one way or another like he has no filter and goes on about the grossest stuff either that or he's going on relentlessly about his love of the history or Board games and classical music, and I highly despise of classical music and am Bores to tears about everything he ever wants to talk about, yet somehow he does not know this since I hide it to not be rude and I am scared that when I dump him he will get really upset, since he's crazy into me. He wabye to be someone I can "show off to friends" but I am honestly embarrassed to show him to friends because we are just to different to be a good match and he's really dorky and awkards and I'm really the opposite. I'm scared I will be single for all 4 years and never find anyone since no one has stood out to me as being attractive yet and there is not one person I am into at my small college.

It sounds like you know the answer yourself to the first part of the issue and your right. If you are only in the relationship to have someone and don't have true feelings for the person then you should not be with them. It doesn't sound like you have a connection at all with your boyfriend so you just need to let him go. It is not fair to either of you (especially him because you are totally in it for the wrong reasons). Now it also sounds like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself to find someone just at your "small college". It is a big world out there ! Why are you forcing yourself to put all of your eggs in 1 basket?! Just because you are not interested in so many guys you see within the confines of your school doesn't mean you can't branch out and meet guys outside your school. Also don't compare the guys at your school to the guys at your friends and try to cover it up- that is definitely making you feel worse. Be honest with your friends...maybe if you visit your friends at their colleges you can meet a guy. And even if you don't have a boyfriend for 4 years in college don't let that bring you down. The best relationships actually happen after college especially since during those years a lot of people your age are interested in just having fun, partying, and focusing on school. Now if one of your goals for college was to meet a boyfriend and have a serious relationship then maybe you should transfer to a bigger college so that increases your chances of this happening. Remember you have control over your own life and the direction you want it to go! And also remember that relationships can't be forced ...they happen with time and naturally! If you would like to talk about this further please call us at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Good luck!

Comment

Bigger school

My parents won't let me transfer to a bigger school bc they feel I need a small school to do well academically and they won't let me transfer at all because they feel I am in college for academics and I am in the right place academically.

Comment

Transferring schools was only a small part of the suggestion...you have the ability to meet people outside of your school anytime you want, you just have to be open to getting out there and meeting people. Keep an open mind and don't get frustrated. The right person will come along when it is meant to be. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X