ex is being confusing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex is being confusing

i'm starting to get really fed up with my ex, which i know sounds stupid because maybe i shouldn't even be talking to him again in the first place.. but we always end up talking again somehow no matter what. i'm actually starting college in the fall and i'm leaving home so i wont be seeing him anymore, which is good because maybe i'll finally move on.

anyway we broke up sophomore year of high school & it turned out to be a really bad break up. so its been awhile but we've still kept in touch all this time. we went to the same high school and always had classes together so we'd always end up talking/being friends on and off, on and off constantly. i thought once high school was over we'd never talk again or see each other, i even wrote it in his yearbook, but so far he's been favorite-ing a bunch of my tweets, DM'd me, added me on facebook, we've texted on and off, he's snapchatted me pictures of stuff he has from when we were dating (like notes, cards, rings and stuff) when he was cleaning his room (so he still kept everything which i thought meant something). the recent snapchats actually led to me going to his house to pick up one of my rings that he sent me a picture of so we talked for about 20 minutes outside his house until his friend showed up. we've been texting these past few days but it's getting SO hard to handle lately because he doesn't answer my texts FOR HOURS so im left waiting for the next text and wondering which one will be the last. i understand he's busy sometimes but its every single day he does this and he tweets all the time before answering so i know he reads all the texts.

im so confused because when we were hanging out in person he was all for talking and catching up, even brought up the relationship we had a few times. then texted me "nice to see you see you again soon." so i asked him if he wanted to hang out before i leave for college and he said sure. then he texted me the next day, and i asked him "do you care at all if we never see each other or talk again or keep in touch or if we're friends" so he replied "i do care at all if (...the same thing i said)". so then we texted one more time the next day and he took forever to respond (at 2 am) then i texted him this morning and he responded after work THEN this is where i'm getting more confused & mad: i asked him if he was okay and he said he's just really tired so i said "go to bed sleepyhead, ill let you go get some good sleep. ttyl, night!" to kind of end the texting and the whole waiting-for-him-to-respond game. he could have said bye back but he said "it's only 8:50?" so we texted two more times and then he just stopped replying again, a minute after! and he's tweeted since then. so now idk if i'm going to get another text at 2 am or tomorrow or how long its going to take. it makes me so mad because he had the chance to say bye and leave it at that but by him responding i thought he still wanted to talk. it messes with my emotions so much.

any advice? it would be much appreciated. thank you much in advance.

It can be really confusing to not know how someone feels about you. From what you are describing, it sounds like you both have been through a lot together and are unsure of your feelings for one another. It may be helpful just to think about what you want to come of all of this. Do you truly want a friendship? Do you want to date him again? Or do you want to end it all for good? You may even find it helpful to talk to him. It is impossible to make assumptions about how someone feels or what they want, so just ask him. It is helpful to talk to close friends for advice and support or call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228!

Comment

Feel ya

Girl i feel you

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X