Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I left him without realizing how much I loved him...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I left him without realizing how much I loved him...

Me and this guy I met online (don't judge) were together for a week short of two years. He lived in New York and I, New Jersey. My parents and his parents all consented and we saw each other once a month. It was like a fairy tale, he was so kind and loving, he would just randomly tell me all the good things about me. Of course, we had our fights like every other couple. But yet, something felt wrong. I could never figure it out, and eventually realized that it was the distance. It drove me insane, because I didn't know who his friends were or what he did when I wasn't there. It wasn't like I could just randomly show up and catch him doing something like cheating because he knew weeks ahead of time when I would be coming over. Also, we started dating toward the end of 7th grade, so when I thought about that at the beginning of high school, I was worried that our love was just innocence and naiveness at its finest, I suppose. It's been almost two years, and we've talked, but he's always mad at me. I try to explain why we broke up, and that I'm sorry and that I love him, but I'm also in another relationship right now, and all he wanted when I first contacted him again was for us to get back together. I didn't know how I would ever be able to leave the guy I'm with now, so I said no. I don't know what to do, because I think about him too often to just forget about what we had together. I regret it every day, leaving him. I just can't let go. What do I do? I'm so tired of hearing that ill grow past it with time, but it won't go away. I miss him so much.

Long distance relationships aren't easy. They require a lot of trust in order to be successful. It sounds like it would be helpful to take some time to sort out your feelings. Ultimately, it isn't fair to your current boyfriend or to yourself to be in a relationship if you are having second thoughts or feelings for someone else. If you are having feelings of regret, perhaps you just need to talk to him and let him know ho you feel. It may even be helpful to talk to a close friend for support, or to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X