Confused

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

I am 16 almost 17. dated this boy recently. We broke up about 3 months ago. He still likes me according to him recently he begged me for a second chance. I was considering it a lot because since we broke up we texted almost everyday fighting about stupid things that went wrong in our relationship but I know who both did and still do like each other a lot. However tonight he called me when he was with all of his friends to tell me that he hated me and that he thinks I am so ugly and dating me was the biggest mistake. When his friend took the phone to tell me how he still liked me hung up and texted me that nothing his friend said was true and he hated me for being so heartless. I really thought he cared about me until he was around his friends. It hurt a lot knowing he was embarrassed to admit to his friends what he was telling me over text. I am super upset by what happened. I tried talking to him about it but he just keeps telling me now I was his biggest mistake.

Thanks for contacting 2NDFLOOR. It sounds like this guy cares more about what his friends think about him. Since you have broken up you might want to consider putting some distance between you both so that you can think clearly. Think about these three things: 1) Fighting with someone you are broken up with is really not productive nor healthy. 2)Texting is not an appropriate way of communicating especially about feelings. 3)Calling you ugly and a "mistake" is hurtful and humiliating. Think about this... if he is willing to hurt you when he is with his friends he might not be the right person for you. Maybe breaking up is not the worst thing that happened because now you are learning to see the "real him". It is time for you to take care of yourself and meet new people who will appreciate you for who you are and what you offer to a relationship. If you want to talk more about this or any other problem you are having call 2ndFloor Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228 or text us Fridays 4-8pm at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X