i really love him

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i really love him

I have dated this guy in 1st grade until 3rd grade. Then I moved, but we still had feelings for each other. Now I'm 15. we didn't get in contact until a few weeks ago. he showed me the part of him were he made me feel like a princess. He tells me everything and I can trust him in every occasion. He says the sweetest things to me. Even though he is 2 years older than me he loves me so much and I love him too. he asked me out the other day and I said no because I'm not aloud to date, all because of my parents. he said that he will wait until I get older to ask me out again. we love each other so much but I have to keep it a secret in front of my parents. they just don't understand that we are meant for each other. my dad especially is so overprotective. I want to spend the rest of my life with him even though we are miles apart. how do I get my parents to let me date him? Please help

Hello! Thanks for posting on the 2nd Floor Message Board. This is a very common problem among people in your age group. Sometimes it comes down to parents and kids having different definitions for the word "dating." Dating can be a scary word for parents because it means their child is growing up and although he or she is getting older, they fear they are not ready with all the different types of strong emotions that come with dating. Have a discussion with your parents about what your definition of dating is. Set limits with the dating such as 1. We will always ask a parent first if it is OK to hang out alone together; 2. If we are allowed to hang out alone together an adult will always be present and we agree to abide by that adult's rules; 3. We will always follow curfew and always be where we say we will be; 4. We agree to abide by what our parent's limits are in regards to physical affection (i.e. whether sex is ok or not ok) I hope you get the picture. Reduce your parent's anxiety about dating by starting the conversation first and setting limits on your own behavior. They may be very impressed with your level of maturity and they just may allow you to date this young man under similar conditions. Good luck! Please call us at 888-222-2228 to talk to a support counselor about this issue anytime! Take care.

Sincerely,

2nd Floor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X