Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm tired of being the one that makes the effort.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm tired of being the one that makes the effort.

It's been bothering me so much. When I first met my boyfriend everything was great. We both made effort to talk to each other when we weren't hanging out. Now it's me making effort. It seems like other things are more important to him. I get that he can't drop everything and have everything be about me but I would like him to talk to me more. Now it's getting to where he doesn't text back at all until hours and hours later or doesn't text at all. We barely see each other anymore too. He always says he's with his friends, but I don't see why I can't hang out with him and his friends too. I miss the way we use to be and I honestly don't know what to do. I tried talking to him about it and he got angry at me.

It is great that you are reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline regarding your relationship concerns. It seems like you would really like this relationship to work out, maybe you could ask your boyfriend to talk about it in a different way. For example, asking is there anything that you can do to fix the relationship? By asking in a different way it may make him less angry. If you are not comfortable with asking that; you could also try planning something fun with him that he would enjoy, and see how things work out. You can also always give us a call at 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 anytime or text us Friday night's from 4pm-8pm @ 908-280-0235.

Comment

I tried to talk to him about it and he told me he wanted to take a break. I asked if he still wanted to be with me and he said "I need to think but yeah." I feel rejected. I understand he needs his space and probably needs to think things through but I really feel that way..

Comment

It's hard not to feel rejected when you want to stay in the relationship and the other person wants to take a break. The truth is that all relationships don't work out and people have several major relationships throughout the course of their lives. This may not sound comforting to you now, but after the rejection fades and you can evaluate your relationship with a clear mind, you just may come to the conclusion that the relationship should have ended. It sounds like your relationship was not going in the direction you had hoped when your boyfriend didn't text you back for hours when he knew this was important to you. I hope you feel better and are able to put this into perspective soon and move on to a happier relationship. Please call us at anytime to talk this through and get some support. Give us a call at 2NDFLOOR @ 888-222-2228 anytime or text us Friday night's from 4pm-8pm @ 908-280-0235. Thanks and take care!

Sincerely,

2nd Floor

Comment

honey I know where you're coming from. my lovey has told me I'm the stronger one in te relationship which hurt because now I know that he doesn't want me as much as I want him... however. he told me that being in a relationship is a chore for him. I think you and me are on the same page. just give him some room. when he misses you enough he'll come back. I know it sucks to look back and remember when you were so head over heels for one another but try to remind yourself that all relationships need work because nothing stays perfect little flower

Comment

listen

I don't know im to late but I think you should leave him alone and swear if he.comes back to you. If he does you guys are ment to be If he doesn't come back you have to move on he's not the one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X