Does he reeaally like me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does he reeaally like me?

Hello, so, i sort-of-maybe like this boy who's in all of my academic classes. We're pretty good friends considering we just met this year. We both have this mutual friend and he's always trying to set us up. Whenever we're in school, and he teases us, the kid I like and I go "We're not dating!" or "Stop doing that!". I always look at him to see if there's any signs of "Shut up, she can't know!" or something like that, or maybe even him blushing, but there doesn't ever seem to be. Now, our friend has started e-mailing me 'proof' that he likes me. He fowards messages to me, but I know that if he wanted to, he could just type messages and make them up. For example, one of them being "But idk how to ask (my name) out... shes so like hot and amazing and stuff and im all bleh. (Friend's name) watev ur awkward this is awkward whatever"
    There are others, but this just gives you an idea. Due to my low self-esteem, I can't believe that it's me. One time, in September, when I didn't really have that much of a crush on him, we were talking and he said I could have 8 guesses at who his crush is. I put in 3 popular girls, 1 semi-popular girl, 3 of my good friends, and myself. He said "she's in there" and at first I assumed it's one of the super popular girls. Now, i'm starting to think he likes me, but I just can't believe it and that's my problem! I'll look in the mirror and give myself like a pep-talk, but then it kind of turne into an anti-pep-talk.
    Example of what would happen:
    "Ok, (name of guy) TOTALLY likes you. He genuinely, truly, does like you. (As if that was the mirror speaking now I'm speaking) But think about it, I cannot compete with (name of the most popular girl in the school who's on "the list"). He even sits with her in Science! I am nothing compared to her!"

So, yeah. Does he really like me? How can I stop bringing myself down, when trying to raise my self-esteem.

Crushes can be confusing and at any age it's normal to question ourselves. One way of approaching the situation is to tell your friend, that you are flattered if he does have a crush on you, but that you would rather hear it from him, than receive "proof". This way you aren't questioning so much if he is really into you or not. Also it's important to not compare yourself to others. Everyone is different and everyone is attracted to different people. Popular or not the person you are will attract different people out there. When you are having these negative thoughts about yourself, I challenge you to come up with 2 or 3 things that you like about yourself. For every negative creative 2-3 positives that outweigh it. It takes time, but eventually you will begin to see what others see in you. If you need to talk more call 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 or text 2NDFLOOR on Fridays at 908-280-0235 from 4-8 pm.

Comment

Thank you!

I asked him today and he does in fact like me! Thank you so much 2nd Floor!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X