Help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

So, let's start off with, I like this guy. He's in every one of my academic classes, and I'm in a few groups with him. According to classmates, mutual friends, even people who don't know him, he likes me! At first, I was super excited. I realized he's super awkward and that it'll take him a little to ask me out (if he really does like me). Then, one night my mom was having like a "be a good kid" talk, and she put drugs and dating in the same 'bad' category. So, now, I'm scared. If he does ask me out, I'll have to say no, even though I don't want to! All my friends are like "Just date him and don't tell your parents!" I've always been a good kid and I wouldn't feel right doing it.

Next, the shipping. If you don't know what shipping is, it's when two people, dating or not dating, are wished as a couple. (Ex. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Ship name: Brangelina.) So, we both have this mutual friend, who is more obsessed with this then we are! The other day in class, we had a substitute, and she asked "Who's (guy I like)?" and our friend practically screamed "(my name)'s BAE!" If I stand up to go get a paper, and he gets up too, there's our friend going "OH THE CONNECTION! #(our ship name)!" My teachers (who tend to not care what we do in class, they know we get our work done) have started to catch on to this. I was walking out of class with him, and my Language Arts teacher says to me "(my name), your welcome for me sitting you next to your boyfriend in our Literary Circles." I was about to die.

Lastly, my friends CONSTANTLY give me different opinions. One says, "He's going to ask you out soon, be ready!" Another, "He so likes you, but you could do better." (This one I tend not to believe, due to low self-esteem.) I don't know who to believe!

This has been messing up my schoolwork. I'm normally a straight 'A' student, but I just got a B- on three things! Normally, having a 'B' in Math would be good, but not for me! Plus, I can't seperate myself from these people because I'm in our district's Accelerated group, and so are these people.

I can understand how all of these students' opinions of your relationship can be stressful. Maybe you can try talking to them about it or speak to this boy. He could be just as nervous with all the pressure he is receiving. As for your mom, many parents talk to their children about dating, because these individuals can have huge influences on them. If you are interested in starting a relationship and you don't want to hide it, I would just talk to your mom. This way she can hear where you are coming from. If you want to talk more call 2ndFloor Youth Helpline, we are here 24/7 888-222-2228. Also you can now text us Fridays starting at 4 at 908-280-0235!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X