boyfriend suffers from depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boyfriend suffers from depression

I have known my boyfriend for quite some time now but lately things have gotten really hard on him and I am not sure how to help him, I try my best to keep his mind off of things but it is not that helpful anymore. I don't know what else to because now it has gotten to the point wheres he is suicidal because of his family. I just want to know how I can help/ be there for him better.

Dealing with a loved one that is suffering from depression or suicidal thoughts can be very difficult. It sounds like you really care alot about him, since you have been sticking by his side and trying to offer support. Unfortunately, sometimes one person cannot always completely help eliminate someone's feelings of depression or suicidal thoughts. It is important that you know that all the responsibility does not have to fall on you. It sounds like you have been a big help so far, but at this point the best thing you may be able to do is encourage your boyfriend to seek professional counseling.

There are lots of helplines that he can start with, as a first step to seeking counseling. If he really is feeling suicidal and imminent danger we highly recommend that either he, or you on his behalf, contact 911 to assist him. Otherwise, he can start by calling
    2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228, and we would be more than happy to listen to his concerns, and try to connect him to some counseling resources. He can also call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline directly at (800) 273-8255 to listen to his concerns and connect to resources as well. If he is afraid to seek help on his own, you can offer to contact the counselors or helplines with him.

Aside from helplines and counselors, it may help to talk with your boyfriend and try to determine if there are any other people he can turn to in an emergency for support. This way these additional people can help share your concerns with wanting to help him get better, so it doesn't all fall on you. If you want to talk more about this or anything else, please feel free to call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 1-888-222-2228!

Comment

Thank you

He's doing better now thank you so much

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X