Dating older guy with criminal background

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dating older guy with criminal background

2 years ago when I was 16 I became involved with a 23 year old man. He would sneak into my house at night and we would have sex. When my parents found out about the relationship they forbid me to see him again. Around a year after that, he was convicted of sexual assault for raping an underage girl that was drunk at a party. He is now a registered level 2 sex offender. He says it was a misunderstanding, but the adults in my life say that the criminal charges are serious and it was not a misunderstanding and that he is lying to me. He also has a 3 year old son from a previous relationship. I am in love with him and believe that he has changed and is a good person. My family says that if I have anything to do with him they want nothing to do with me. I am 18 now and am able to see him when I please, but it is difficult because I do not have a car and no one will drive me to see him. How can I make them realize that he is the love of my life and nothing will change my mind and how can I get them to accept him?

This is really a tough situation. Unfortunately, you are not going to be able to force your family to accept him, especially if they believe they are looking out for your safety and well-being. You are an adult and are of age to make your own decisions. It would be important to weigh the pros and cons of this relationship and make a decision as to whether or not pursuing this relationship is worthwhile for you and your future. Please feel free to call us anytime at 1-888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X