Too young?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too young?

So I'm 16, and my boyfriend is 14. We've been dating for 8 months now, and I'm in love with him. He's very mature and kind, and my best friend. There's a one-month period where I will be 17, and he'll still be 14. He can barely stand the fact that he's so much younger, and during that month it will likely become more apparent. Is he too young? There's really no physical or mental difference between him and an 18 year old, but I want to know, is it okay? Our parents are fine with it, our friends are too. But that doesn't even matter, I just need reassurance that this is okay to be with him.

There is no right or wrong answer in this situation. Only you and him can decide if he is too young for you. From the way you describe your relationship with him, it does not seem to be the case. It seems like it would be helpful for you and him to sit down and discuss this, especially the part about the one month period where you will be 17. Talking to him may give you the reassurance that you want with this situation. Let him know how you feel and find out how he feels. It seems like it would be better to prepare yourselves ahead of time, for that one month, than to not say anything and have it bother you. And remember, you can call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help! Good luck =)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X