No chemistry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No chemistry

I hope the person is responding to has some kind of insight on dating.

I entered the dating scene like so recently. So I'm so naive.

I started talking to a guy from Tinder, since Dec. We've only gone on one date, would text for hours everyday at night, and planning a meet up this Thu. He has always been respectful about my space, and we he does text excessively, it's because I give him the green light.I guess the problem is that I'm not feeling a "chemistry", or for some reason, I suddenly got a very strong gut feeling. He's a veeeery intellectual person. I think I'm beginning to feel drained because he turns everything into something deeply philosophical or scientific. I just don't want to be a stop for someone to run their their ideas and thoughts. I want to feel heard or like someone wants to know me on a deeper level, not just be a sounding board. Yet, most of the conversation has only been through text, so sometimes it loses that listening factor. But he does have a lot of green flags, maybe more so than any guy I've ever come across and overall is "marriage" and "husband" material. He's 27 almost 28. I'm 23 I just want to feel in sync with someone, that "spark", but even butterflies I don't feel sometimes. That's a lie, I do fantasize sometimes about making out with them, which deeply confuses me.

Can I initiate a kiss or some light physical intimacy to test out the attraction? But I don't want that to be misleading. I don't wanna break his heart or keep this going too long, but I also want to give it a chance.

Hello. Feelings of the heart and gut reactions are subjective so only you can say if you feel it’s there for you or not with this person. It’s okay to be unsure and not completely know how you feel as well because you are just getting to know him and only over texts. It can be hard to tell truly until you are around someone but I don’t know if that’s something you wanna do so think about what’s right for you. If you want to see where it goes because you fantasize a little about being intimate then talk to him about how you feel. Meaning explain that you are not sure how you feel being you two are just texting and you are interested in seeing but that you are not 💯 percent sure about all this. Nothing wrong in that or explain something like that. Dating is about trusting your gut and taking a chance because there are no guarantees until you try. Better to try if you are sort of interested then to not because you’ll never know! Gotta be in it to win it ( just an expression.. meaning never know till you try)! Hope this helps clear some things up for you. Good luck with your dating journey! If you want to talk about anything please call or text 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X