What should I do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do

I work in a restaurant and it’s owned by family, not like a chain or anything. The owner is constantly trying to get me to go out with his son, saying I’m such a nice girl. What he doesn’t know if that I am a lesbian. I have politely brushed it off and he seems to think I think I am too good for son. Do I tell him I’m a lesbian? I also thing he isn’t fond of LGBTQ people.

Sharing your sexuality with your boss is absolutely not something you have to do unless you would like to. Rather than brushing off his comments, I think it is important to be direct and express your feelings. If what he says to you makes you uncomfortable, tell him that. If you do not feel comfortable speaking with him directly, try discussing the situation with another employee or manager whom you feel comfortable with and trust. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Maintaining your safety is important. It sounds like you feel you may face backlash from your employer because of your sexuality. It is a privilege for someone to know your identity, especially if you are still keeping it concealed. A more direct declination of the offer to date his son may be received better than brushing it off. There's no need for you to give an explanation to your employer. You can call or text 2nd Floor at 888-222-2228 anytime, 24/7.

Comment

Hey, I agree with what everyone else is saying. It is none of your boss's business who you choose to love, and him trying to force you to date his son after repeatedly telling him "No" is extremely unprofessional. In my opinion, if there is someone above him I would go to them and report the situation.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X