Boyfriend ignoring me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyfriend ignoring me

My boyfriend and I Decided we would just be friends when we both leave for college and see how it goes. I thought we would be close till we both leave but now he just leaves me on read and has stood me up. It’s so hurtful.

I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain right now. It sounds like the silence from your boyfriend might feel like a betrayal. While it's no excuse, could it be possible that the two of you leaving for different colleges and mutually ending the relationship is something he's already grieving? It may be hard for him to articulate his feelings. In the meantime, you can still find ways to get the most out of your summer. If you're going to be starting your freshman year in the fall, this can be an opportunity to spend meaningful time with family and friends you care about while doing things you enjoy. You can also start getting connected to your campus community now - your college should have some resources available for new students. While it won't necessarily take the pain away, these are avenues for you to invest in relationships that already matter and build new ones - which can help you feel better. Please feel free to give us a call or text at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

There is nothing more painful than silence from the people who mean most to us. I am sorry you have to deal with this. There is absolutely no excuses for his behavior and at the very least you deserve an answer. Try to focus your energy on spending time with the people who care about you. It will not help the situation but it will help uplift your spirits. Best of luck!!

Comment

I am sorry you are going through this. It sounds like you really care about him and you feel betrayed by the fact that he is ignoring you. Maybe both of you going your separate ways for college is the best for both of you. I understand it is hurtful now, but you will have so many opportunities at a new school and see so many new faces. My best advice would be to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new or something you typically wouldn’t do! Keep yourself busy and focus on the positives.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X