Having Sex

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Sex

Hi, im Winter and im a 14 year old female. My boyfriend and I have been talking about trying safe sex. Am i too young? Whats a safe way to do this? How do I know if im actually ready???? Please help. Thanks

hi there, thanks for reaching out to 2ndfloor for support today. practicing safe sex is indeed important, and it's great that you know this and are looking for more information. feeling "ready" is a personal choice and is unique to each person. communicate with your partner openly about your feelings and expectations. are there any safe adults that you can also discuss this topic with? because that could help as well. in the mean time, feel free to check out these resources to become more knoweledagble on the topic and remember that you can also speak with your doctor/pediatrician/gynecologist (if you have any of these) for information too. sources to consider:
    teen wire: www.teenwire.org --- Information and answers to questions about sex. Provided by Planned Parenthood.
    teen source: teensource.org/pages/ ----- Sex education including stats, blogs and testing.
    scarlet teen: www.scarleteen.com ---Text: 66746 Keyword: askst ----Sex education including stats, blogs, texting
    planned parenthood: https://www.plannedparenthood.org/learn--- 1-800-230-7526 --- Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of people worldwide.

Support counselors are also available 24/7 here at 2ndfloor via text or phone call if you need to discuss this further.

Comment

It's important and smart of you to be asking these questions before you have sex. Having sex is a personal decision that you should feel comfortable with beforehand. I would recommend speaking to an adult about having safe sex and also your personal feelings about being ready. They can answer any questions you have and help you figure out for yourself if you are ready. It's okay to wait longer if you determine that you're not ready yet.

Comment

It is good that you are recognizing your feelings and reaching out for help. Being ready to have sex is a personal choice. You are the only one who knows whether or not if you are truly ready to have sex. Having conversations with medical professionals and trusted adults is important in order to learn how to practice safe sex and have all of your questions answered about sex. By talking with others, you can determine if you are ready. And if you are not ready, that is okay too. It is important to note that you should never feel pressured to have sex and you should always feel safe before engaging in sex.

Comment

Hi, I would recommend to talk to your physician and if you have not received your HPV vaccine, become familiar with HPV vaccine. CDC recommends HPV vaccination at age 11 or 12 years (or can start at age 9 years) and for everyone through age 26 years, if not vaccinated already. Here is a link for more information and I’m glad you are getting yourself informed. Safety and your well-being is priority.

https://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/stdfact-...oung-women.htm

Comment

I would also recommend you talk to you mother or any person that you can trust and talk to them about it. It is helpful to have someone by your side that can be there for you. But more importantly inform yourself about sexually transmitted diseases and how to start having a safe sexual relationship. Talk to your boyfriend about how you feel and if you are not ready or for any reason you feel like waiting more please say something. Do not do anything just to please someone else.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
            Working...
            X