Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Parents Accept the Fact that I Like Girls, But Not the Fact that I’m Nonbinary

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Parents Accept the Fact that I Like Girls, But Not the Fact that I’m Nonbinary

This may not be mainly sexuality-related, but it is gender-related, so I suppose it’s close enough.

Around a year ago, I came out to my parents as a lesbian (back when I identified as a woman), and they accepted me without hesitation.

But on November 23, I came out to my parents as nonbinary. However, they didn’t accept me on this; in fact, they did the opposite.

They said that I’d always be a woman due to my biology, and will continue using my birthname and she/her pronouns for me. Every time I hear these, it feels like a stab to the gut, and the worst part is that I just have to go along with it.

What do I do?

- Mercury, they/he

Sorry to hear that your parents are not accepting of you and not using your name and preferred pronouns. It's sad to say, but not everyone is accepting of all things in others, even parents and children. So while you don't have their support, you do have potential support systems elsewhere that can help you even if your parents do not. Look to your friends, maybe other family members, school groups or websites like Trevor Project to be support systems. Hopefully in time, your parents will become more accepting of you and who you are, which does happen sometimes. But even if they don't, you can still love them as your parents, but find your support elsewhere. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

hey Mercury, there's a amazing platform called trevorspace.com and its completely full of young-ish LGBTQ+ peeps like us.
      also here's a third person sentence that should help with dysphoria(if you have it)

Mercury is totally valid and he is worth it. They look amazing and they will get through their parents will learn to accept them.

Comment

Howdy! I just wanna let you know I think you're really cool. Anyways, if your parents aren't accepting you, you might need to talk things through with them. It's your pronouns and yours alone. They don't get to pick the gender and pronouns you go by. Let them know that in a respectful manner. I'm really sorry you have unaccepting parents.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X