How to come out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to come out

So I am bi-romantic. I've told my sister bc we are super close and few close friends. I completely trust my parents and the fact that they'll support me, but I just don't know how to come out? Like, whats the best time or place and how do I say it? I'm also nervous that they won't understand completely what bi-romantic is and kinda brush it off.

It is great that you have a good trusting relationship with your parents. That will make the process of coming out much easier for you. There really is no set protocol for coming out, it is something that you do when you have the time to talk about it. This is not a conversation you want to be rushed. Perhaps you can start off by saying "I have something to tell you that I would really appreciate your support with." This way they are prepared to provide support. After you tell them be sure to ask if they have any questions, this way you can clarify anything they do not understand. If you want to chat about this or anything else give us a text or call anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I am also bi-romantic and I told my parents about one of my friends who is bi-romantic. They were kinda suprised that it is a thing and they thought it was kinda dumb. I'm glad i brought it up by talking about someone else because this way I got their honest opinions. I feel like they might make fun of me if i were to come out now.

Comment

So I am Demisexual and Non-Binary. I told some people, I mostly talk about it with my sister since she is Bisexual. So it is easy to talk about it with her but I wanna come out to my family members but they have a history of being homophobic and making jokes about LGBTQ+

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X