Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Transgender

I think I might be a trans woman.

Long story short, I've been thinking about my gender identity for a while now and have recently tried on woman's clothes to see how it would feel.

However, there is no way I could possibly start transitioning at this point in my life. Both my home and my job don't make me feel safe coming out as LGBT+. I have no LGBT safe spaces in my area and no one to talk about these feelings with in depth.

​​​​​​Are there any forums or chats or hotlines that you recommend specifically for people like me?

Thank you

Hey there; it was really brave of you to post about this. Please consider checking out the following resources: The Trevor Project for GLBT & Questioning Teen (866) 488-73867, their websites are www.thetrevorproject.org, and www.trevorspace.org; or the Gay & Lesbian National Hotline (888) 843-4564 www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline for more information on issues surrounding coming out, sexual identity, and more. Call us here at 2NDFLOOR at any time day or night 7 days a week if you ever want to discuss anything further! Hope this helps!

Comment

HiTops is another great resource and has groups for trans teens, blogs, educational materials and other resources for youth. This is an education and advocacy organization out of the Princeton area.

Comment

Hey, my mom isn't a very accepting person, and I don't feel comfortable coming out to her, any suggestions on how to come out or other websites that could help???

Comment

I'm sorry to hear. Hopefully with time that can change. Do you have anyone that maybe you can talk to your mom with that can help? Here are some websites to check out:
          www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline
          www.thetrevorproject.org
          www.trevorspace.org
          www.youthtalkline.org
          www.safeschoolscoalition.org
          If you would like to talk about this further please give us a call at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X