Unsupportive Family LGBT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsupportive Family LGBT

I'm gay. My mom found out and she treats me different. She hits me over every little thing. she doesn't accept me as gay. she says " You're a girl act like it". it's like everything is so overwhelming and I want it to stop

Thank you for reaching out; it is brave of you to post this message. Coming out to family can be difficult, especially when loved ones are not so willing to accept different sexual preferences. It is never okay for your mom to hit you, and should you need protection from her please do not hesitate to let another trusted adult know that you need help. Consider speaking with a guidance counselor at school, a therapist if you have one, or another adult in your life that will listen. Support counselors are here at 2NDFLOOR 24/7 for you to call or text with if you ever want to talk about anything. You can also call the Gay & Lesbian National Hotline (888) 843-4564, or check out their website at www.glbtnationalhelpcenter.org/hotline for more help.

Comment

Hey, I kinda know how you feel. I'm a girl too and I told a friend of mine that I'm bi thinking I could trust her. She ended up telling the entire school, all of my friends, and my family. My mom has completely gone crazy over it. She keeps telling me "When the world was created, God made Adam and Eve. One boy and one girl, it isn't boy and boy or girl and girl. That's just in your head." Then when she found out about me and my now ex girlfriend she kicked me out of the house... So don't worry, you're not alone

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X