Should I go to the GSA meeting???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I go to the GSA meeting???

Nobody knows that i am pan-sexual and a gender-queer. Would i have to come out if i went to the GSA meeting tomorrow? I think i might go. But, I'm a girl and the girl i like will probably be there. And what if no one shows up like what happened at the Friends Of Rachel club meeting? What do they do at those meetings?
    So many questions and so little time. Can you just explain to me what they do at GSA meetings and what i should do? thanks...

You asked some really great questions. First, you do not have to come out in order to participate in the Gay-Straight Alliance. There are members of all different sexualities that participate in these meetings. Going to these meetings may give you the opportunity to hear other students stories. There are so many different clubs and groups at schools. If you go and no one shows up or you aren't happy with the turn out, you always have the option to leave or not go to another meeting again in the future. Generally, the Friends of Rachel program empowers students at schools to spread kindness and compassion to peers. Perhaps you can do some more research by searching the program online. You may even want to ask the teacher who runs the group at school for more information on what this group does at your school specifically. Your guidance counselor would also be able to give you some information and help you decide if this is a club that may interest you in participating. Every school's clubs vary a little so it is difficult to explain what certain clubs participate in at your school. Again, it would be best to find the advisor (usually a teacher) that runs the club, another student who participates, or even your guidance counselor. Please call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline anytime at 888-222-2228 for more help or information!

Comment

me again

just wanted to say, nobody showed up. but thanks for the awesome reply

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X