Should I tell my parents?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I tell my parents?

I am a 16 year old guy. Over a year ago, I did something very disturbing. I went onto Omegle (a video chat website) and masturbated while watching an older man masturbate. I believe that I did not show my face and I covered my privates with my underwear while I did it. The man stopped masturbating when he saw that I was not really showing my privates. I know how disgusting and wrong this is. I have not done this since and I know that I will never do it again. But this memory keeps haunting me and I am constantly filled with regret. It sometimes makes it difficult for me to enjoy things. I feel like the only way I can get over this is by telling my parents. This would alleviate the guilt, but I am afraid that it would strain our relationship. I feel like they may see me in a worse light after telling them this. However, they did tell me that I could tell them anything and they have been wondering why I've been upset lately.Should I tell them what I did? If so, what would be an easy way to do it? Also, do you believe it is likely that I was recorded? I know this was a long message, thank you for reading

We all make decisions that we may not feel comfortable with later on. We are not here to judge on what those decisions were. It sounds like you need to talk to someone about this, especially if it is affecting your mood and behavior. It's up to you wether or not you want your parents to be the ones that you talk to about this. If you believe this is what will help you to move past this incident then maybe they are the best people to talk to. They may be surprised or upset with you at first, but it sounds like they are just really concerned with your well being. As far as recordings go, unfortunately, I'm not sure how likely it is that it was recorded. I'm also not sure if there is a way for you to find that out. What's important is that you learned from this decision and know that it is not something that you will want to do in the future. If you want to talk more call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8 PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Regret

Thank you for your help, I appreciate it. Do you have an easier way that I can word this when I speak to them? Is there any way I can make it easier to say to them? Thank you

Comment

You could try explaining to them what the website it and why you originally went on it. Explain what happened (the details are up to you), and how you are currently feeling. If you find it hard to say it you could always write it down for them. Hope this helps. Call 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline 24/7 or text us daily 4-8PM at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X