my school needs to ... off

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my school needs to ... off

Okay, long story short, I go to a catholic and I'm bisexual. My friends are starting to say bisexual people are bound for hell and I feel like they hate me even though they don't know I'm bisexual yet. Please help

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with 2NDFLOOR. It sounds like you are going through an extremely frustrating time right now between starting a new school and dealing with your feelings surrounding your sexuality. Both situations are tough to deal with individually so dealing with them at the same time is not any easier. If you feel like your school environment and friends are not comfortable with who you are, then we recommend trying to talk to them. You can find out your schools opinions by trying to speak to a counselor at your school so that you can express your feelings. You can also ask your counselor if there are any resources within your school that deal with sexuality such as a Gay Straight Alliance. Although your school is a Catholic school, they may still have resources for the topic of bisexuality. If after speaking with your counselor, you still feel like your school is not a comfortable place for you, you may want to speak with your parents to see if switching your school environment is an option.

In regards to your friends, if you feel like they are uncomfortable with the topic of bisexuality you can try to ask them questions about the topic in general to try and understand their feelings on the subject. Hopefully by doing this, you can gain more of an understanding on where they stand.

If you feel like you dont have support at school you can try to contact the following online resource for support: GLSEN (Gay Lesbian Straight Education Network) at www.glsen.org. This site will offer local resources and Support groups for people with various sexual identifications, so that you can hopefully find a Support group local to you.

If you would like to talk more about this topic, or anything else, please feel free to call us at 2NDFLOOR at 1-888-222-2228 or texts us at 908-280-0235 on Fridays from 4-8pm!

Comment

well

I think you should tell them and if they do not approve of it you should find friends that does. If that's the type of person you are that's just who you are

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X