PhD rejection

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PhD rejection

I got rejected for PhD. Let me elaborate: I know it's competitive. I get that. My went above all the qualifications. I also have certain extraordinary merits that I was told by other advisors set me apart that makes me very competitive. They were so certain I was going to make it.
    But my home school (the same college I will graduate from this semester; I finished a semester early) rejected me and I though the interview went amazing. MY HOME SCHOOL. And I think it makes it more painful as I had wonderful rapport with those in admission as they were former professors and many other professors recommended me to the program reaching out personally to him.

To think he didn't push for my acceptance is really heartbreaking.

Thank you for reaching out. I’m sorry to hear and am sure this is heartbreaking. Do you plan on speaking with your professors for constructive criticism or for whatever reason why they didn’t push for you? I hope this doesn’t stop you from continuing to try or from giving up on your dream. You just have to figure out another way and that way could be the path you are meant to go on! If you want to chat with us more about this you can call or text our 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline. We are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228. Sending positive vibes your way!

Comment

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear about what has happened. It is never easy to get rejected from something you are so passionate about and put so much effort into. I sympathize with you, and I feel your pain as this is also something I have been through with degree programs. Getting knocked down like that is hard, but from experience I will say that was truly matters is how you get back up! One thing I have learned throughout life so far is that these things always work out how they are supposed to, but you cannot give up. You have to know how amazing and smart you are, and never quit. You will reach your goal! I believe in you!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X