This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much pressure

I am switching schools this year for 4th grade because of an enrichment program. I know no one there and I am nervous about making friends. I am afraid that my parents are putting too much pressure on me because they think I am enjoying extra work in the summer. I have made it clear that I dont like the math work but i am still forced to because my teachers assigned it to me. I really just want to have fun. My parents think I am smart because i got into the program, but maybe it wasnt meant to be.

hi there, it sounds like you are having a tough time. you must be smart to have been accepted into the program, and congratulations on that! your feelings of nervousness and pressure about this new school environment and special program are totally valid. have you tried reaching out to the guidance counselor to let he/she know that you're having a hard time? do the best you can, and when possible let the trusted adults in your life, like your parents/ teachers/guidance, know when you're feeling overwhelmed so that they can do their best to support you. thanks for reaching out to 2ndfloor; we are here 24/7 if you'd like to call or text us at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X