Social Anxiety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Anxiety

I’ve been dealing with social anxiety for two years... Ive done presentations where I embarrassed myself because I was looking down at my paper or I felt like I was talking strangely. Every time I get called on to talk I would get this weird nervous feeling, it really sucks because I see other kids talking with such confidence and ease. Plus, whenever I call my friends I get the same nervousness just like I did in school ! I’m so sad that I’m even going through this and people call me shy... I want to speak out loud with confidence but this social anxiety keeps controlling my life ! 2ndFloor I hope you give me some tips and advice... I’m also looking for physiologists that could help me personally. -Anonymous User

Anxiety can come in many different forms. One of which can be social anxiety. There is no one simple way or list of tips to work through all social anxiety. You are an individual and a treatment approach should take your specific needs into account. It sounds like you are really looking for help and we would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. If you would like to reach out to us by either phone call or text we can talk more about this. We are available 24/7 at 888-222-2228

Comment

Ive been struggling with the same thing and as i get older it gets worst. Im so tired of going through this and its making me depressed. I need help

Comment

for the past year, I've been struggling with social anxiety. Im scared to talk because what if people think how I talk is weird and how I mispronounce words alot. Im scared of embarrassing myself in public. I can't talk to people because what if i slip up and say something embarrassing. I don't wanna tell my mom because she will just say how I want something to be wrong with me, or how I saw someone on the internet do it. I need to be diagnosed because I'm reaching my breaking point, and I just can't take it anymore.

Comment

There are two things for you to consider here, it sounds like you're doing a lot of thinking about what others are going to think/react (which is basically what social anxiety is about) and may benefit from starting small and talk with people that you trust and then branch out further and further as you develop confidence in yourself and your speaking abilities or see that people aren't going to be has harsh as you think they will. Secondly, if you feel like you need a diagnosis of something and your Mom isn't helping, check with your school counselor and let them know your concerns and what she/he thinks you can do about them. They may be able to contact your Mom (sometimes hearing from the school will have a different response than hearing from your child) or maybe they can offer you recommendations about what your next step(s) could be. Thank you for contacting 2NDFLOOR, you can call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X