Online school is ruining me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online school is ruining me

I am a freshman in high school currently and due to the coronavirus, my school went to our online version. Before going onto the online version of school my grades were really good but this online stuff is so confusing because I have to teach myself all of the work and it isn't making any sense. My teachers keep assigning giant assignment after giant assignment and it's becoming really overwhelming and I'm under so much pressure I can not handle. My dad keeps yelling at me about my grades but I really am trying my hardest I just can't keep up with all of it. I've tried reaching out to my teachers and they just tell me to get over it because i had as much time as other students. But the other students in my classes all feel the same way. Our teachers arent listening to us and i don't know how much more stress i can handle.

This is a giant learning process for us all, teachers, students and parents so we are kind of figuring out everything as we go. Parents and teachers are adjusting and may be more frustrated and stressed than normal. You as the student are probably the most stressed since you have to figure out home schooling, teach yourself and deal with parents and teachers that are stressed out. The only thing you can do at this time is your best. Do the best you can in this difficult situation, continue to ask your teachers for help and let them know you are having a hard time with this, continue to let your Dad know you are doing your best, but not really understanding how this is working. Take some time each day to do some de-stressing activities such as creative things, yoga, meditation or deep breathing. If your entire class feels they aren't understanding how this is working as you said, maybe as a group you could write to the principal and let them know that. Keep trying your best and moving forward. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

It has definitely been a huge adjustment switching from in-person school to virtual learning during the pandemic. I especially can't imagine how hard it must have been during your freshman year, when you were already trying to get used to a new school. The best advice I can give you is not to be too hard on yourself. Remember that this is an unprecedented time and you are clearly doing your best to figure everything out. Keep reaching out for help whenever you can. I love the idea of doing mindful activities, including exercise or listening to music, in order to de-stress and clear your head. This has certainly been a challenging time for everyone, but with a little extra patience, persistence, and positivity, we can all get through it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X