Being Invisible

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being Invisible

I'm at the end of middle school and I feel like I am unnoticed and isolated. Despite being in the district for my whole life, nobody cares how much I talk, and people always avoid me whenever I go up and talk with them by just saying "hi" back and nothing else. I always try to be with different friend groups and join the conversation, I realized nobody cared about me when I left it. I try to talk as much as I can, but people keep shutting me down as if I didn't exist. Whenever I go to the lunch table I sit at with my 'friends', they avoid sitting next to me and I don't know why. I feel like I cannot be friends with anyone because of what I like. On the top of that, my parents always say that I should be grateful because whoever my previous friends were decided to ignore me instead of saying they hated me. This problem happened since the start of middle school and it has been affecting my academics. I don't know what to do anymore.

There are many things that can be going on here. One of them being that this is only your perception of what's going on and not really reflective of how people really feel. For example, maybe people just grab any seat at lunch because they don't care exactly where they are sitting and it has nothing to do with not wanting to sit next to you. If this is actually happening and not just your perception, the next thing to do would be to figure out why this is happening. Did something change at the start of middle school when you began to notice people were treating you this way? Is there a possibility that something you are doing or saying that might be pushing people away from you? The key to it would be to figure out why it is happening in the first place, then try to change it from there. Can you ask one of your friends about this? Maybe if there is something going on they will be honest with you and let you know. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I feel you! I actually stopped taking the bus because people never turned when I tried to talk to them. It lowered my self esteem on an extreme level and now I just don

Comment

i'm in sort of a similar situation. I am 15 and I feel so alone with everyone around me. my friends have changed a lot throughout middle school and freshman year of high school, however, those who are still some I call my friend does not always feel that way. I am a really shy person who is a bit quieter than others. People have always ignored me when I say something because of that. People judge me and think I can't do anything or don't even try to get to know me and its hard. I've tried to not be as shy but nothing has worked. My friends, seem to use this to their power. They try to get my to do something or confide everything in me just because they know i don't always voice what is on my mind. They take the opportunity to hurt me. What do I do? i tried to talk about it with my friends and it lasted about a week. One of my teachers who knew how shy I was and how I felt (alone with people ignoring/controlling me) and gave some advice. She said she was very similar when she was younger and that it will be ok. She continued by saying it takes time but eventually you find those people who can help you break out and you won't be as limited because of your shyness. I try to remember that but it is hard to believe that their is someone there for me. Someone who can help me change or who understands what i am going through.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X