Stressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stressed

This month is probably the most stressful month I've had and will be having so far. I've already had three tests already, and two more coming up.I have a 15 minute "TED Talk" presentation on Tuesday that I'm nowhere near ready for. I have to write a 80-100 page Gothic novella by the 18th and I'm only on my second page. I have to write an exactly 500 word paper, that includes a summary, key passage and explanation, opinion, character description, and three big idea questions, on a book that I haven't even read yet by the 21st. I'm in 8th grade and I'm graduating this year which is stressful enough as it is, but we also have a lot of events, $10,000 worth of them, that we need to do fundraisers for. We're having a hard time raising money and the teacher who plans our events is constantly yelling at us and threatening to take away the events one by one. I'm also applying to three different high schools. I just had an interview for one of them and also had a concert band and jazz band concert on the same day. For another school, I have to have an art portfolio and that's due tomorrow and I don't know if its ready yet. Testing for the schools are in a couple of weeks and I'm not doing so hot in math. All of my teachers right now are all over the place and going back and forth between topics and lessons, especially my math teacher who I really need the most right now. My math teacher treats us like we're 1st graders, giving us class jobs like a nurse buddy, having a sticker wall, and talking really slow and overly breaking down lessons. I'm in an honors class and there were about 3 or 4 new honors students added this year. They don't know most of the topics we already learned so we're going back and relearning pre-algebra JUST FOR THEM when the rest of the 20 students in the class already know everything and should be half way through algebra 1 by now. There's also so much drama such as so and so dated so and so's ex or so and so's friend talking behind their back. And I know it shouldn't, but it also really bother me that this girl I got in a huge argument with earlier this year who I thought was my friend but treated me like I was completely worthless and useless for years and traumatized me is having the time of her life, with an entire new group of friends, a boyfriend, and apparently, a whole new wardrobe. On top of all of that, I'm extremely insecure and take a long time to pick out clothes or put on some makeup so I need to wake up at around 6:30am, but I usually sleep at around 1am to 2am or sometimes even later because of homework. And on top of THAT I have a crush who's kinda known for not really liking anyone, but then my friends are saying he acts like he likes me but he really doesn't because he acts the same towards me as he does any girl. Finally, I have to buy so many Christmas presents with so little time and money. With everything going on I sometimes have a sort of panic attack and have trouble breathing or feel extremely angry and accidentally physically or emotionally hurt people when I don't mean to. i just really wish I could stop time and take a nap or fast forward to winter break.

btw I've tried to get counseling/therapy and at first was really looking forward to it because I thought that just talking to someone might help me feel better. I ended up not liking it because they had my mom listen to everything which was really uncomfortable. They asked me things about self harm or suicide, which I have thought of but rarely do nowadays, and I don't want her to worry about me.

I am glad that you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. It does sound like you have a lot going on. I think you need to take a step back and try to organize your assignments, when things are due and maybe keep track on a calendar. I know it can be stressful, with all you have going on but you should take some deep breaths and try to calm down. I am sorry you had a bad experience with the therapist. I am also surprised that your mom was told everything and was involved in your sessions. Please don't give up on therapy, not every therapist works so if you feel anxiety or feel like you're going to have a panic attack, talk to your mom about seeking out a different therapist. Let her know that you want individual counseling.
    Also, if you are having any issues with your teachers, it sounds like your math teacher, talk to your guidance counselor, they are there to help. Please reach out if you have any more questions or concerns. You can respond to this message board, or call or text. Our number is 888-222-2228 and we are available 24/7. Good luck and breathe.

Comment

My mom putting all this weight on my shoulders and i feel like i can't accomplish all the she needs between school and everything that happened i feel like school not helping with the amount of stress i have to go through. I would talk to my mom on how i feel. But sometimes i feel like she don't listen to what i have to say. I need help sometimes but feel like i can't say it this AVID program im in is not helping with getting ready for college at all. I seek help. I write to get things off my mind and it not working. i need deep help with trying to get through high school and feel like im alone in the process.

Comment

School is putting a how load of stress on me. Teachers don't understand and neither do the people there. I feel like im walking through life alone so many problems i have to face.9 grade it hard i need help. I feel like im to stupid to be in those classes.

Comment

I keep on getting B's and some A's but I want to get straight A's but just can't. I feel like I am trying my best but I know I am not. I see all of these other people getting straight A's and I just want to be one of them. I don't know how to release all of my smartness to get A's. My mom is getting mad at me and she knows I have smartness inside of me, but she is saying I just don't to release. She doesn't know me, I am crying, and I just want to have a bright future and also want to make my parents happy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X