Racism

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism

In my class we are reading a book about the 1930s (It's Called Roll Of Thunder, Hear My Cry) and I'm the only black person in the class so people are always giving looks. I talked to my teacher before hand about the stuff that is discussed in the book, but I feel so small and weak when my teacher who is white talks about how the antagonists in the book (the whites ) treat the protagonists (the Logan's who are black) . What could I do about the people who look at me funny?

Sorry to hear that your feeling this way. Racism does exist unfortunately and if you 're uncomfortable how things are being discussed talk to the teacher one on one and express how you are feeling again. Maybe she can discuss the definition of racism and how it relates to the story or how it can relate to everyday life. Please try not to let yourself feel uncomfortable or separate from the group. When kids look at you, you can ask them is there something on there mind or do they want to discuss anything? Hold your head up high and get involved in the discussion so your classmates can see that it is right to talk about these issues in life and in the classroom. Also, discuss the matter with your parents so they can give you support or advise throughout this experience of reading the book. I hope this helps and if you want to talk further just give us a call or text anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X