What to do now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do now

Hello. I am a community college student and I rely on financial aid. Recently I got my financial aid taken away since I failed a class that I was taking. Right now I am preparing myself to tell my mother. I don't know what is going to happen from here since financial aid is a big help to me for paying my school tuition.

I admit, it is my fault that I failed my class. The class I was taking was a precalculus Math class. My major is architecture and it involves a lot of Math. I decided to take the class online since regular classes were filled up. I did not put as much effort as I could have into the class. I had trouble with the course also but I believe that I could have put more effort into passing. I guess the reason I did not put my best effort is because I wanted to take it easy since I am a recent sufferer from depression and I was labeled under the mental illness Paranoid Schizophrenia when I went to a mental hospital. Right now in my life I consider myself doing much better mentally, spiritually and physically.

I left the hospital in January of 2013. 4 months later I went back to school, first writing an appeal letting my school know what happened, in order to get my financial aid back. Recently (As I stated above), I have been put in the same position since I failed my Math class. I wrote my school another appeal to get my aid back but my appeal was denied. This time I used the same appeal that I used when I first got out of the hospital back in 2013 but I used a different reason as an explanation in the beginning of the appeal. For the reason, I told my school that I have always done better in a traditional not online class, then I let the rest of the appeal be the same as my old one. Since my first appeal talked about me being in the hospital I figured I would use it again since they might understand but I guess they wanted something completely different.

Right now I have no financial aid and I know my mom won't be happy with the news but i'm trying to be strong and stay positive.

what do you think i should do?

Well, since you can't do anything to change the past and what has already happened, you can think of ways to move forward. If your second appeal doesn't work, then what are you're other options. Maybe look into scholarships for people with mental health issues? Maybe see if any family members can help you with funding? Maybe see how you would do getting a job and paying for it yourself? Maybe talk to the school about working there and taking your classes free or at a lower cost? These are all options that have worked for some people. Just remember, if you are given a second chance at this, you need to put all your effort into these classes. Any class you fail or get a low grade on won't transfer over to your next college when you're going to finish your degree. Best wishes. Call us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X