A lot to lose.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot to lose.

Im a freshman in college. A community college. My mother has never really splurged on me , just got me what i needed and thats that. never had the newest clothes or electronics and im perfectly fine with that. it made me who i am , appreciate the small things in life in everyway. but here ive came to a point where i love my mother to pieces and i know its mutual , yet we communicate non. shes barely home, and im always at school or basketball practice. it feels like when i tell her things that are important to me she barely cares but act like she does. my rooms a mess, because i dont have a dresser. so every morning im pulling clothes out of bags and putting them back in. sometimes. most times i just leave my clothes all over the place because their easier to access.lol anyway thats my moms excuse on why she doesnt help me financially. i dont do what she ask. and the only thing she ask is for me to keep my room clean. which is pretty hard to do when you dont have a place to put your clothes. but any way . im a hard worker ambitious and one of the most positive person youll ever meet. yet here i am stuck in a financial chaos, not knowing how i will pay for my bus card each month , or lunch each month , or pay the fees that are due for basketball. my mom told me if i got into college im doing it on my own , which i did . i worked hard and got a scholarship , that doesnt cover for books , so i worked hard and found a way to pay for them . now more things need to be paid and i find myself very dependent of my close friends when it shouldnt be this way. ive had plenty of job interviews and they all say the same thing, your schedules tight. pretty much wy hire someone so wrapped up in school and basketball and wont even be here half the time. everytime i walk out of an interview it discourages me. i sit here and listen to people complain about how their mom got them the wrong size name brand dress or shoes when im wearin the same jacket and sneakers everyday. people complain about not having cash yet have a debit card when im searching my house for nickels and dimes in the hopes that it will amount to 4.50 so ican take that hour and a half bus ride in the morning. ive reached my breaking point. and i feel like financially its only going to keep getting harder. so im about to drop out and get a job. its not what i want to do and i know its not what im meant to do but its what i have to do . nobody wants to help. and ive tried everyway to help myself. which is only leading me to debt with numerous people. it gonna hurt everytime somebody asks about college and i have to tell them i dropped out because i couldnt handle it financially. but i think ill get over it in time.

This sounds so stressful. It seems like a really tough position to be in. First, it seems like you are your mom are just not communicating effectively. Perhaps it would be helpful to explain to her why you keep your clothes on the floor, etc. She may not know what your reasons are for doing this. It is great that you do appreciate the smaller things in life, and unfortunately not everyone does. Financial stressors are common and frustrating. It sounds like you are taking really good steps in applying for jobs and working hard. Is it possible to apply for more scholarships and financial aid? You may want to consider stopping in to your schools financial aid office or a counselor on campus. They may be able to help you sort all of this out. Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 for more support!

Comment

Have you tried looking for jobs on campus? Campus jobs are known for being more flexible with their scheduling because they are more aware of the busy student life.

Comment

That is a great suggestion! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Please call 2NDFLOOR anytime at 888-222-2228 if you have a problem you want to talk about!

Comment

You seem to be doing everything in your power to help yourself. Another suggestion might be to try attending a community college, the cost of a community college is a lot less than living on campus. You may be able to live at home with your mother while you commute to school and get a job which will help you with your financial situation. You may want to try speaking with your mom about your options. Also, you can check out other options for books that may be less expensive such a amazon.com. If you do decide to take a break from school you can always go back later. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week if you would like to call us, (888) 222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
          Working...
          X