Way too much stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too much stress

Hi I'm taking time out of my multiple hours of hw to write this but i have been becoming more and more stressed lately. This year I am a junior and have chose to take 2 ap classes that looking back I was mostly just taking to be like my siblings who had taken them. I'm really disappointed in my grades and work ethic because to start the subjects I had chosen were not my strong suit. now I'm literally buried in work and I'm still not understanding it. I put everything off till the last minute because I stress about doing it so much that I am mentally exhausted by the time I actually get around to doing the work. This has caused even the grades in my easier classes to become worse . I wish I could just quit them or stop caring but then my grades will be bad my gpa will be bad and everything counts junior year for college! The sats are coming up and I have to study for that to and it is becoming way to much for me to handle. I have quit my sports because teachers are so demanding for me to stay after school and think I am not trying. I dread going back everymorning and even when I get home I just worry about the next day. Im always sad because of this and I feel like I cannot focus when I am doing my schoolwork so I end up sitting and doing homework from the time I get home to the time I go to bed. Everything in my life has been revolved around school and for someone like me who needs time to themselves more this is very difficult. I don't sleep well and I look like I'm half asleep when I wake up. I don't have many friends and I don't enjoy many of the things I used to like doing because I know that instead of doing things like my sports I could be studying. And not having those things in my life anymore make me sadder. Not to mention I feel worse when I see that some students in my classes have more AP classes then I do and have no problem getting a's in all of them. I feel like I'm not doing anything good enough or trying hard enough. I feel like I could spend more time doing school work but I'm just sick of the endless hours of it. I'm just really overwhelmed with a lot of things in my life right now even outside my schoolwork and I don't even know where to begin to fix them. I have a chem test that I'm going to fail just like the last 3 of them tomorrow so I better go to sleep now...

I am sorry to hear that you are having a stressful time with juggling everything but well done for being in AP classes, that itself is an accomplishment! I get that you are overwhelmed with the demands of school, especially junior year things can get hectic so think about how you can better prepare yourself to decrease your stress level, if possible. Ask yourself a few questions? How do you organize and keep track of your homework? Do you write it down on your phone or notebook? Maybe try getting a big calendar and using it as a visual prompt? Try to focus on one challenge and then move on to the next, crossing it off when you are done. Also, set aside an allotment of time for each task and maybe even set a timer. Try to make sure that it is in an environment that will motivate you to keep on task as well, so just ask yourself what room or location is best for that.
    Ultimately, you have to take care of yourself emotionally and the rest will follow so if the course work is too much then talk to someone. If you are really struggling with academics then talk to your teachers and guidance counselor, they are all there to help you and try to aide you the best way they can. Lastly, have you ever tried talking to your classmates? Maybe you could help each other study, start a mini study group or tutor each other? Just a thought!
    I hope this helped you some and know that we are always here for help if you need to talk at 888-222-2228, or text 2NDFLOOR at the same number, we are here 24/7. Good Luck and remember this too shall pass!
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 01-26-2017, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X