tripled..why its so hard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tripled..why its so hard

I feel weird, but today and as Ive always known before, I have both ADD, anxiety and depression. I'm currently on medication for my add, but I feel it makes everything in my life harder than for everyone else who doesn't have all the issues. I feel like I will never be happy or normal....

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling unhappy and different from others. It's understandable that you're feeling as though you're facing more difficulties due to your mental illnesses, but recovery and beginning to feel better is absolutely possible. It may feel like you're one of the only people dealing with such issues, but you are far from alone. It might be helpful to consider some of the numbers:

http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Menta...By-the-Numbers

You titled your experience as "tripled", but many mental illnesses are actually "comorbid", meaning that they often occur with one another. Many people often have multiple diagnoses. Many people also live happy and fulfilling lives in spite of their diagnoses with the help of therapy and medication. Recovery may be long journey, but improving your well-being is most definitely an attainable goal. It sounds like you are already doing your part to help yourself by taking medication. If you are not already seeing a therapist, pursuing therapy can help you to process your feelings of anxiety and depression, as well as help you build the skills to cope with the difficulties you're facing. If you need help finding a therapist or treatment program, you can check out www.psychologytoday.com to search for mental health professionals in your area. Expressing what you're feeling to others who can support you is the first step to feeling better, so give yourself some credit for asking for help! Thank you for reaching out to 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline! Please don't hesitate to call or text us 24/7 at 888-222-2228 if you'd like to get more support!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X