I am a loner and my grades are dropping

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a loner and my grades are dropping

After the new semester of school started, I didn't have any periods with my friends. So I just did nothing and stayed at my locker for lunch and stared into the distance during actual classes. I feel so bored and I stopped paying attention so my grades are dropping. A week ago I started walking to my house and back during lunch just so I wouldn't feel like a loner at school.
    To make everything worse, my original friends have basically stopped talking to me since I barely seem them. It has gotten to the point where they don't even say hi to me in the halls.

It sounds like you are getting some social anxiety in school. Have you thought of going to your guidance counselor instead of leaving the building during lunch or when you need to talk? I can understand that it’s upsetting to loose friends especially when you thought they were real ones, but it does not sound like they were true friends. Real friends don’t let circumstances change a friendship. So keep your head up!!
    Remember this behavior is not helping you so if you continue day dreaming or leaving it will affect your grades even more and these grades are very important for graduating. Again, talk to your counselor about what is going on with you. You should definitely let him/her know the details about your situation and your feelings so they can help you get to the bottom of your anxiety and work through this. It is always best to get support and not try to overcome things like this on your own. Talk to your teacher too about making some things up or doing extra credit if possible. If you would like to talk about this further please call us here at the 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. You can also text us daily at this number between 4pm and 8pm. Good luck.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 04-21-2016, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Hello. I'm sorry to hear that. It's really tough growing apart from your friends but remember there are always opportunities to make new ones. Perhaps talk to someone who you trust to help with focusing in class. And during lunch, maybe try to interact with people and try to make friends. I know it can be intimidating and as someone who is really shy, I'm not usually one to confront someone, but just try with at least one person you find would be cool to hang out with and from there, you'll probably meet their friends and make more. Also maybe talk to your old friends and see what's going on. Maybe they just don't realize it and things will work out.

Comment

I understand you!!

I have friends in my classes this year, but almost the same thing happened to me in the beginning of the year last year. I get super anxious too, but try your best to talk to someone during class even if it's just asking A question about the work! I did that last year and now most of them are my close friends. Along with what 2nd floor said, maybe go to guidance instead of home. Maybe even join a calm or relaxing club where you can just meet new people and wind down. Most of all, just understand that the amount of friends you have and your grades do not determine your value. Times like these can be hard, but hopefully some of this helps

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X