This topic is closed.
X
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Future

I was raised to be cautious about my future at all times, and that if I’m not worrying about it I don’t care about my future. I am a freshman in High School and I relaxed slightly because I thought that everyone was now worrying about College so, I wasn’t the studious girl anymore. This didn’t happen at all. I went to my guidance counselor for help on deciding a college, and specific path to take, since I wanted to go into business law there are so many branches I’m having difficulty deciding. She simply brushed me off saying I shouldn’t worry, and that I was too young to start thinking about it. This got me more anxious about school life. My grades slowly slipped form me in Geometry Honors and an elective in Computer Programming. I went back to her in hope, of not only advice but also hope for some information on colleges for the future. Though she did provide me with information for tutoring from fellow students in the Honor Society, she told me to quit my worrying, that it would only stress me out. Now that I am close to the end of the year, I am more stressed out than ever. My grades in my only honor’s class is a complete failure, I have to many absences and now that when I look at colleges, what used to give me a sense of calmness, now makes me want to cry. I cannot think about my future because all I can think about is my failure that will be caused by my misstep in my first year of High School. I want advice and comfort. I don’t know what to do, what with my mother constantly reminding me of my possible future and the things I will never be able to do or experience without accomplishing those things she wants. I am at my wits end and wish for some advice.
    Thank you for your time.

I can understand the stress that you are feeling with school and your future. I don't want to say that you are too young to think about it, but as a guidance counselor that may be why she brushed you off especially if she is dealing with juniors and seniors who are applying to schools at this time. Since you have a good idea of what you want try doing some research on your own. Look up schools and explore the different branches. This way you become more familiar with them and will in time decide which route is best for you. In the mean time don't let what this woman says add more stress to your life. Focus on school, because you know the abilities that you have. Thinking about our futures is very important and it sounds like you come from a family where they stress the importance of this, but allow yourself to take a breath. Don't let this process of picking a school lead you into such a stressful state, give yourself some credit, because it's clear that you are very intelligent! Sometimes when you put so much pressure on yourself and stress it can explain the slip in grades. It's freshman year which still means you have 3 years to turn these grades around. If you want to talk more don't hesitate to call 2NDFLOOR, we are here 24/7 at 888-222-2228 or text us any day 4-8PM at 908-280-0235.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X