Depression

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depression

Hi, I'm a freshman in highschool. I got into the performing arts program for my school as an actor. This is great and everything but the downside is I left all my friends behind from my old school. And I haven't made many friends besides my acting class. I've been depressed since October and I have missed my friends since. i lost my girlfriend because of the switch. I've been thinking so much lately about whether the move was beneficial. Im in a dark place right now... I want to stay to get my acting education but I also want to go... Help me please.

Hello and thanks for posting on the 2nd Floor Message Board! Your situation is much more common than you think. First of all, congratulations for being accepted into the performing arts program! It's quite and honor and says something about what a talented individual you are! Missing your friends is certainly very normal. It is a relief to hear that you are friendly with others in the acting class. Typically when students transfer into such programs the students in that particular program become very close due to the very reason you are writing: because they are new to the school and see many new and unfamiliar faces. It is important in your situation to keep talking. Seek out advice from your parents, your friends, your counselor, your teachers. In most cases the depression that you are referring to is short lived as the year passes and new surroundings become more familiar. If your depression does not subside and you continue to have any or all of the following symptoms on a daily basis it is important that you seek help: loss of pleasure in activities, feelings of helplessness or hopelessness; problem getting or staying asleep; loss of appetite; thoughts of suicide or wanting to hurt yourself. If you related to these symptoms please call 2nd Floor right away at 888-222-2228 to speak to a support counselor or speak to an adult at your school. Things can get better! In talking to an adult it is more likely you will come to the right decision of whether to stay with the program or switch back. You can also text us Fridays starting at 4 at 908-280-0235. Thanks again for posting and please reach out to us or another trusted adult! Take good care

2nd Floor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X