I got grounded again and don't know how to change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got grounded again and don't know how to change

I have got my phone and my tablet taken away from me many times. I kept taking it when I wasn't suppose to after being grounded. Finally, 1-2 weeks ago, my parents caught me with it again. My parents took my tablet, and broke it in half "supposedly to make a point". I still have my phone. But everything that's fun and games was deleted. Now, all I can do is call or text on my phone. I am also going through some family issues. My mom has a friend that's so close to her, she's like a sister to her. Her and her husband got divorced and her husband kicked her and my 2 cousins, a 9 and 4 year old, out of the house. They had no where else to go. So my mom stepped in since she was their last hope. I am an only child. I have never experienced siblings before. They came when school was just about to start. It made things more difficult ever since they came along. I have to share my room with 2 other girls,(my 2 cousins). It is very difficult having to share your room, bed, half your toys and half your clothes with someone else who bugs you every 5 minutes. I still love them to death, but they are going to BE my death if they don't leave me alone!! But I've had some problems at school too. I just started middle school and in the first marking period this year, I had 1 F in Language Arts, 3 As in Math(my favorite and best at subject), Social Studies, and Phys ED. I also have 1 C in Science, and 1 B in Music(Block/Special). I do the work, but I have a problem with turning them in. Like with Language Arts, I'm doing the work, but I'm not turning them in. My teacher in Language Arts says maybe moving me to the turn in bin would help so that I would see it right behind me, and think: Oh! I see the bin, let me see if I turned in my work yet. And it helped alright. Right now, I have an 88.40% in Language Arts, 94.80% in Math, 80.00% in Phys Ed, 90.60% in Science, 93.10% in Social Studies, and 100.00% in STEM(Block/Special). But, I need to work with my aunt and my 2 cousins until February. I am a 6th grade middle school-er. I keep lashing out at my parents when I know they love me. They say that I openly defy them on purpose. Does any body, including 2ND FLOOR and others, have any advice for me? For of what I should do, please let me know ASAP. Thank you. For your time, and advice. I hope you can respond soon.

Dear I got grounded again,

Thanks for posting on the 2ndfloor Message Board! Your mom is doing a very special thing for her friend and your cousins and you are doing special thing by sharing your possessions. It's important to remember that it is not forever, it is until February and February will be here before you know it! Do you agree with your parents? Do you think you defy them on purpose? One skill you can use to help you make better choices when dealing with your parents is called "Thinking it Through." This skill requires you to think about your actions BEFORE you take them so you can THINK about what may happen before you do it and possibly get in trouble. Example: Your mom says to put your IPAD away and go to bed. So before you decide not to listen and get in trouble THINK about what your action may cause your mom to do: "If I don't listen to mom and stay on my IPAD she will probably scream at me and take my IPAD away for a while. So I better go to bed, or I can ask her if I can stay on it for 10 more minutes." Now, your mom may not agree to give you 10 more minutes so be prepared for that, but this skill will help you to THINK before you DO or SAY something that will get you in trouble. Also please think about going to your Guidance Office and talking to your Guidance Counselor about these problems. They are trained to help with these issues and you may find it very helpful! Also please call the 2ndfloor Help Line at 888-222-2228 at any time to speak to a telephone support counselor about these issues. 2ndfloor is open 24 hours a day 7 days a week all year long! Take care and thanks again for posting. That took a lot of courage. Good for you!

Sincerely,

2ndFloor

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X