X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anxiety

I think I may have some form of anxiety disorder. This is because:
    -I worry about things I have said, mean or nice, for weeks afterwards
    -If I question something (ex: Did I close the door on my way out?) I will go to extreme standards in order to answer it (walk 5 blocks back to my house to check.)
    -When I am talking to a teacher in particular, i plan what i am going to say days beforehand, and if what I say is not what I planned, I get very concerned after the conversation.

I'd love if you could answer my questioned, because I am having trouble determining if I have disorder or not. I took a test online, and it said I do have social anxiety, but it would be better to get an answer from a person. Please help.

It sounds like you are experiencing some anxiety, but everyone has some anxiety, so it is important to find out if it is affecting your daily living in an unhealthy way. Talking to a professional about this issue will help you so you can work through your anxious feelings, as well as learn to cope with these emotions.
    There are some calming strategies you can try at home too. Try some deep breathing, reading to occupy your mind, watching a funny movie, writing, drawing, or exercising. Actually, exercise is a great release because it releases a chemical called endorphins and the release of it has been proven to reduce stress and ward off anxiety. I am not saying that it will make your anxiety go away, but its a great tool to use. I don't know your age, but if your in school talk to your guidance counselor. Another resource that can assist you in finding a counselor is NJ Mental Health Cares at (866) 202-4357. Hope this has helped you!
    Call 2NDFLOOR anytime, we are available 24/7 @ 1-888-222-2228.
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 11-10-2014, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X