Seventh grade stress!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seventh grade stress!

I'm so stressed right now. Language Arts SUCKS! My last 3 test grades (in general subjects) were: 70, 78, 87. To most people, and 87 or even a 78 would be great-decent. I've been in Honors classes since third grade and have gotten A's all my life. My Language Arts teacher has tried to help me with encouraging me but not with the reading. I haven't gotten sleep in weeks because every night I burst into tears and can't sleep. I also haven't hung out with a friend in a month because they all have other friends and my parents are very protective. For example, right now, I'm texting my friend (because I thought it would help) and she's at the mall with three of her friends. I've never been out on a Friday night. SOMEONE HELP!

It looks like you are putting a lot of pressure on yourself. As you go up in grades classes may become more challenging because they are teaching different genres in literature. They are also challenging you to comprehend, analyze, and infer information you are reading. That is all part of the process. You might need to spend a little more time studying Language Arts and with your teacher. Ask her for specific help so she can know how to help you. You might also want to discuss with your parents and get a tutor.

All this stress may be causing you difficulty with sleep and making you emotional. Lack of rest can also cause you to be emotional. You need to speak to your counselor at school or school social worker who can work with you on some relaxation techniques. You need to speak to your parents and express your concerns about your emotions and desire to spend time with same age peers. Talk to your parents about the plans and have them meet your friends. Or have your parents at the mall while you walk around with your friends. Once they see you are ok they might be open to allowing you to go out alone with them. If you would like to speak with someone further, please call 2ndfloor Youth Helpline anytime at 888-222-2228. Good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X