binge eating disorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• binge eating disorder

i (F,12) seriously think i have a binge eating disorder. I am a type one diabetic, and for a while now, i've had a lot of issues with eating and how much I eat. It used to be that I would eat and not give myself insulin for the food i was eating, and I would sneak said food too, like, not tell my parents that I was eating and just stuff my face, which would lead to my blood sugar being 500 afterwards (google how T1D works if you don't know bc im not gonna explain lol), but nowadays I just can't stop eating. I'll end up with 10 units of insulin on board, which i accumulated only from snack foods like milano cookies and teddy grahams. What makes it worse is that i, for whatever reason, haven't been putting on much weight from this terrible habit of mine, but the weight that I have put on is starting to give me body image issues. i really wanna ask my parents to help me get in touch with someone, but since we recently had an argument on the subject, I'm scared they'll think im being dramatic. what should I do?

If you think you have an eating disorder, it might be beneficial to speak with one of your doctors about it when you see them, especially if your parents aren't willing to take any steps to get you help. Also, speaking with a school guidance counselor might be helpful if they then speak with your parents and tell them how important it would be to get help for what you have going on. In the mean time, try your best to stop, which will be hard, but recognize how unhealthy and even dangerous that behavior is as a diabetic. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X