knowing i need therapy and yet not being able to afford it

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knowing i need therapy and yet not being able to afford it

hi, i'm 15 and i got out of an abusive relationship a few months ago. since then, i can feel myself literally rotting from the inside out, and yet i can't do anything about it because my parents can barely afford things as it is. i can see myself developing symptoms of what might be PTSD, BPD, DPDR, or OCD (or a billion other disorders, those are just the main ones i've seen myself in) in real-time due to my abusers, and yet i can't help but doubt myself about all of it because i'm also autistic + have ADHD, so idek if it's that or just my autism. it's been a particularly rough past few days, and yet i just keep a smile on my face because i can't break down now, no matter how many self-harming urges i've had. where would i even begin once i got help? please help, thank you, i don't want to die
    Last edited by 2NDFLOOR; 02-04-2023, 12:37 PM.

I’m sorry to hear that and thank you for reaching out.

It definitely sounds like you have been through a lot and obviously are dealing with the feelings that come along with traumatic experiences.

Since you are 15 and still in school you should use them as a resource. You should go to the school counselor, school psychologist and/or social worker.They can provide you with help and free resources in your community and state. If you would like more assistance from us to see what resources we can find for you, you can call or text our 2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228. We are here 24/7. Please reach out anytime.

Comment

Would you like me to send over resources? Reply to this if you do!

Comment

I'm so sorry that you went through something so horrible, I wish there was a way to make it go away. I have to say, realizing that you need therapy is already a very impressive and mature first step in the act of healing. Not being able to afford it, unfortunately, is a problem that may not be fixable in this moment. I would suggest doing things that are good for you and will help in your healing and processing. Journaling is a great way to put your feelings down on paper and kind of getting them out of your head in order to process them. There are some free podcasts about healing from trauma that maybe you can look up? Take the resources from 2NDFLOOR and reach out if you ever need anything or feel like you can't handle your feelings anymore. There are so many people that want to be there for you and help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
          Would you like me to send over resources? Reply to this if you do!
          hi yes original poster, resources would be much appreciated, thank you so much :'] and thank you to the others as well, i'll definitely consider journaling

Comment

You are a fighter and I can tell you are a very smart person. You know there is a problem, you are trying to find a solution and even when is hurting you you are not giving up. I am glad you are reaching out and finding ways to cope, it is not easy. There are resources for us to reach out when going through difficult times but remember the best resource you have available is you willingness to keep fighting. Never give up. Some health insurance offer health and wellness services, try to find out or visit community services and ask for resources.

Comment

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I can't even imagine what you must be going through. There are resources available and someone you can talk with 24/7. Call the Youth Helpline at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X