Quitting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting

I have been trying to quit vaping for the past week now and it hasn’t been easy in the slightest. My family all support me and my decision as they only want what’s best for me. But some of them don’t understand that I can’t just quit cold turkey. I have to slowly stop using it or otherwise the withdrawal is gonna hit even harder than it already has. I only started vaping because all of my friends were doing it, and I didn’t wanna be left out. It’s done nothing to help me in anyway and I just want to cut it out of my life. The first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning is grabbing my vape and I don’t want that to be the only thing on my mind anymore. I wanna quit.

Quitting vaping is a great goal and something you should be proud of deciding to do. I'm sure your family is supportive and want to see you stop. It's hard for someone to say what the best way to quit a bad habit is since we are all different and unique individuals. Some people have an easier time going cold turkey and others like to slowly stop using over time. Neither is right or wrong as long as they get you to the eventual goal which is being done vaping. So choose what is right for you and go for it. If you see that you are struggling or having an unusually hard time stopping, look for a tobacco support group, quitting support group or maybe even nicotine gum to give you some additional support in your journey. Call or text us anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

I am very proud that you made the decision to try to quit vaping! It sounds like your family is trying to be supportive, but they want you to quit sooner rather than later. Some people do not truly understand addiction so quit at the pace that you are most comfortable with. Try to stay consistent and you will get closer to reaching your goal of quitting. You can try other alternatives like nicotine gum referenced in the post above. Try to remove temptations as much as possible by simply keeping your vape not as easily accessible to you when you wake up. There are support groups out there with people going through the same struggles as you.

Comment

The first step to quitting is the desire to quit and you should be proud that you're already at that stage! Quitting will take time (as a lot of people may not realize) and with consistency and ongoing efforts you'll be at your goal soon. There are resources for you to make quitting a little bit more manageable such as replacements and therapy/support groups. You can do this and good luck!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X