eating disorder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eating disorder

i’m pretty sure i have an eating disorder. i am in the middle of getting counseling but the wait is so long and it’s been getting really bad lately. the other day i nearly passed out because i didn’t eat anything. my mom talked to me about it and tries to get me to eat but it honestly just isn’t working. i feel stuck and scared and i don’t want to be sick anymore. any advice ?

Glad you reached out. It’s important to recognize your strength in being able to admit that you need help with your eating disorder. You mentioned your mom tries to encourage eating so is she aware of the severity of it? Are you able to talk to her, it would be great if you could talk to her. I know you mentioned you are waiting for a therapist, maybe talk to your primary doctor for some referrals as well. Counseling could offer you some techniques and support with eating. I’ve attached the resource that can give you information and has a hotline you can call https://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/screening-tool. Here is another resource https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-.../art-20046234- it may offer you some tools and how to get additional help. You can also call or text 2NDFLOOR at 888-222-2228 anytime you talk about this or anything.

Comment

thank you )
      i’ll talk to my parents about seeing my doctor
      this is a huge help so seriously thank you so much !!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
      Working...
      X