Hairy Legs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hairy Legs

I'm a fifth grade girl and im eleven years old. I have never shaved before. Should I? In my opinion, my legs are hairy and black and I don't want to embarrass myself at the fifth grade pool party next week. I already have a razor my mom got me. My parents say that I shouldn't shave too early and that they aren't even that hairy. I completely disagree. They said that once you shave, my hair will become worse and worse the more I do it. I just don't want to be self conscious of the way my legs look in front of my whole grade. Please help i really need advice before the pool party!

I am glad you reached out to 2ndfloor. I think it is important to feel comfortable with yourself. If you feel you would like to shave your legs, then you should. Since your parents bought you a razor, I am not sure why they told you not to shave. Maybe ask them why they gave it to you. I cannot tell you whether to shave or not, that is a personal decision. I hope you can decide before the party! Good luck and reach out anytime! We are available by text, phone or message board post. Our number is 888-222-2228.

Comment

Hey girlie, this same thing happened to me when I was in the 5th grade, except I also had a mustache. It does not grow back thicker or darker!! Go ahead and shave those legs! Make sure to use conditioner or use the ESO shaving balm, the raspberry one smells great, and go slow, watch some youtube videos! You got this queen. Love yourself! Hair or no hair.

Comment

Thank you! They gave me the razor because i asked for one but they are telling me that maybe i shouldn't.

Comment

I totally get this situation because I was in the exact same place as you when I was in fifth grade. In fact, I though my legs looked so hairy and embarrassing, I probably did start hair removal a little early. Looking back at pictures, it wasn't half as bad as it was in my head; remember that - it probably doesn't look as bad to others as it does to you. That being said, you should feel comfortable about your body and if the hair bothers you enough to want to remove it, go for it. Just remember that there is more than one way to do it. If you are nervous about hair growing back thicker and darker, shaving is not the only method. For example, there's waxing too, and that can also be done at home too (you would just have to get yourself some wax strips from your local pharmacy). Waxing also gets some of the roots out so that you would have to do it much less often. The other question to think about is - who cares if it grows back thicker and darker? If it comes back thicker and darker, you can always just shave off the thicker, darker hair, and no one will be the wiser!

I hope you enjoy your pool party and many more in confidence!

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
            Hey girlie, this same thing happened to me when I was in the 5th grade, except I also had a mustache. It does not grow back thicker or darker!! Go ahead and shave those legs! Make sure to use conditioner or use the ESO shaving balm, the raspberry one smells great, and go slow, watch some youtube videos! You got this queen. Love yourself! Hair or no hair.
            i love this response❤

Comment

Hey I know i'm a little late to this thread, but I just wanted to add some of my tips as someone who jhas been shaving since grade 6 if anyone else sees this comment who needs help. Hopefully you're (the person who asked the question) shaving consistently at this point, but if not, high school is a great time to start! I recommend you find a multi-use exfoliating scrub as a first step before shaving. I found mine at ShopRite and is the Dr. Teal's one. Next, shaving is pretty simple, a razor, and some conditioner or shaving cream- plenty of tutorials online. Then, you can find some jojoba oil at Trader Joe's for about eight dollars as an "aftershave" soothing oil for your legs. Make sure it's yellow in color for the best consistency. I find the oil to work better than other body butters that people put on after shaving. Okay, thanks whoever listens to me blabber. Remember ur beautiful no matter what!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X