Depressed but I can’t get help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed but I can’t get help

Hello so I am an 11 year old female. So I think I have depression I have tested myself many times I know it’s not right to base your possible mental illness off the internet. I’m in a situation where I can’t get any help from my parents; They just say “oh it’s just puberty” when I know it’s not. I’m not aloud to text or call anybody so I can’t use the help line I’m even doing this message board post in secret 😔. I don’t trust my school because the last time I told them something they told my parents. Since I cannot tell my parents I can’t get a therapist to professionally diagnose me. I have terrible insomnia so I take sleeping pills the strong kind. When I can’t get the sleeping pills I cry myself to sleep. I have dark bags under my eyes I’m only 11! I have uncontrollable lows and I over eat I’m really not sure what to do please help

Sorry you are feeling stuck with wanting therapy. It is best not to self diagnose yourself based on the internet. I know You mentioned not wanting to talk to your counselor at school but that truly is the easiest resource that you can get access to right away. Counselors are there to support and guide you but they do have to notify parents if they are concerned for your safety. Again this can be a way though that they can mediate the situation bring your parents in and talk about getting some outside counseling for you. Is there anyone you can talk to you that you trust, like a trusted adult? Maybe someone else that’s a family member that you could confide in to talk with you and your parents together? Unfortunately right now without your parents consent you can’t access mental health counseling. Just try to continue to let them know that it’s something that you want and need no matter how much they turn you down. In the meantime here is a link that offer some coping skills that you can try to implement to help https://www.erikaslighthouse.org/the...th-depression/ and https://adaa.org/tips. Finding out what tools help you the most are beneficial. If you can find a chance we are here 24/7 to text or talk at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Yes, I agree

Comment

me too my parents dont understand

Comment

I felt the same way. I am a 14 year old female. I struggle with depression and anxiety. And opening up to my parents was the best thing I did in my life. I opened up to my school counselor and they got me help. And I also talked to my doc. I am seeing a therapist and I feel like me again. And here in there I get down and I have anxiety attacks in school and I can’t help it because I get overwhelmed and start crying out of nowhere. But with the support I am getting is making me feel more comfortable and is giving me the help and the support I need for my mental illnesses. Trust me it gets better. Especially once talking about it with someone can be challenging. But I promise you talk to the right person and they won’t judge and make you feel bad. You got this!!❤💪

Comment

Hello I am a 15 year old female. Last year I went into a really bad stage and cried every night that lasted for a couple months then I distract myself with softball and everything Got better around October of this year I start to feel like that again and in the past few weeks I’ve noticed It got worse it’s going to the point where I don’t wanna get up I cry Im miserable I sometimes just stare at my wall and wonder why me. My parents do the best they can trying to help me but I blame myself mostly. I hate feeling like this like you want to die but you don’t actually want to die if that makes any sense. I sometimes love my life my friends my family but I struggle so much with confidence and I don’t think I can do it anymore.

Comment

It sounds like you are going through a rough time right now but just know that you are not alone, there is support and help. Often times if you do not deal with your depression or sadness it will always resurface no matter what you try to distract it with ....it is good that you have outlets though and that can be used as a good coping skill meaning your playing softball is great but its important to have professional support to talk about your depression if its overwhelming you. Our support counselors here at 2NDFLOOR are always available to listen, support and help you through this. We are available 24/7 by phone and text at 888-222-2228 if you would like to talk about this more. Here is a link that offers some tips on how to cope with depression, anxiety and stress as well @ https://adaa.org/tip or https://www.mentalhealthishealth.us. We also have some resources on our website's link under mental health @ https://www.2ndfloor.org/more-help/mental-health/. But I must stress if you feel like you want to harm yourself then please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-Talk or reach out to a trusted adult.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
              Working...
              X