Does this count?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this count?

Soo, this happened a while ago and I didn't think much of it until it was brought up again, and now I can't stop thinking about it. Last year, I was at a small party, my friends and I are all underage, but a lot of them drink. I don't drink or smoke or do anything like that. I knew there was going to be alcohol, but I knew I wasn't going to drink so I was fine with going. Basically, I was the only sober one there and there wasn't a single person over 21 at the party. I was 15 at the time. My best friend (who I've started to question the quality of her friendship) was getting over someone and got like really drunk. She was flirting with a guy there, and she had told me earlier, sober, that she wanted to have sex with him. I didn't really say anything because she's not a virgin, I just told her to use protection and stuff. Well this guy and her were both very drunk, and she came over to me to hug me and stuff. This guy followed her and asked me if I was hooking up with anyone tonight. I'm a virgin and I've never had a boyfriend so I haven't even had my first kiss yet or anything, but he asks me this and I say no, I'm not into that stuff. And my friend tells him I've never had a boyfriend or done anything. He goes, wait, so like no one's ever grabbed your ass? I told him no, kind of confused. He leaned towards me as if to kiss me, and then grabbed my butt. I was kinda shocked about it and just brushed it off as him being drunk and stuff. My friend had sex with him later, even though she was RIGHT THERE when he did that, and I know that it's not a big deal or anything and it was just something small but I keep wondering if that is sexual harassment? Like, should I tell someone about it? It was a whole year ago, I'm a junior now, and 16 and I feel like the moment's past. I don't really know the guy that well, but I guess I am just curious if this counts as harassment.

Sexual harassment happens whenever there is unwelcome or inappropriate sexual remarks or advances. So yes, what this person did is considered sexual harassment. If you feel this is something that you would like to talk about with someone then you should definitely do so as this action was a violation of your personal space. You may not be able to do much in terms of legal action, but do consider talking to someone about what happened and how it made you feel. If you would like to talk about this or anything else further please reach out to 2NDFLOOR via text or call at 1(888) 222-2228. We are available 24/7.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X