anxiety

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anxiety

For the last year or so I having panic attacks at school. No one really knew because i would hide in the bath room or wander the halls as they were happening. They started to become worst and I finally went to the school counselor. This was not the first time I tried to get help, it just never really worked out. The guidance counselor sent me to this social worker and he told me that I have an anxiety disorder. There is a program through my school that allows me to get help with this for free. I am currently doing this. This blew up my world. I am a straight A student with perfect attendance and the most spotless record ever and here I am struggling with some mental illness. I have no idea what to do. My parents don't know yet, the school wants to call my parents, and I feel like no one is listening to me. I feel like I am being ignored and all alone. I try to spend time with my friends and this "monster" gets in the way, I have been a wreck for about a month now. I do not know what to do and just want to know that someone is there. This is all so new and scary. I feel like my mind is against me all the time. It is the worst feeling in the world. Imagine your foot all of a sudden just leading you down some random street. That's how I feel but its my mind. Is there anyone out there? Does anyone understand? I do not know how much I can take.

I am glad you reached out to 2NDFLOOR. It sounds like you probably should tell your parents about your diagnosis. It might be a good idea to get some outside counseling for this, I am sure your parents have health insurance that would cover this. If not there are therapists that charge a nominal fee. A therapist might recommend medication that could help too. I understand that you are having a tough time with this diagnosis and I hope the social worker at school is teaching you some coping skills too. Please reach out to us with any questions or more support by calling or texting at 888-222-2228. We are available 24/7.

Comment

I understand...I am only 14. I’ve struggled with anxiety since I was younger. And I always thought it was normal to feel that way. But as I got older it got more harder dealing with these emotions alone. And I never opened up about the feelings I felt . Because I was afraid of what they might say about my feelings. So I went to the school guidance counselor and they helped me a lot everyday. Now I just started seeing a therapist. Because I would do the same thing..hide in the bathroom . It was awful because I felt trapped while everyone else felt free. But I’m learning how to be more open with my parents . And now I’m happier with myself. But here and there I get down and my anxiety kicks in. So it can be challenging. But I just wanted to say it gets better.❤

Comment

I hear exactly what you are saying! As someone who struggled with anxiety for a long time, I am now on the other side of it. It is important to know that while you feel this way now, things WILL get better. In middle school, I had this overwhelming feeling all of the time but we did not know it was anxiety. This then carried into the beginning years of high school and it was not until my senior year that I was able to, with help, pinpoint this incredible stress and worry I was feeling. Now, as an adult, my anxiety is properly managed. What has worked best for me was knowing what my anxiety triggers were and surrounding myself with others who love me and understand what I am feeling. I have friends and family members that are able to pick up on minor shifts in my behavior and help me to get grounded before I spiral. As you develop these support systems and coping strategies of your own, you will see a difference, especially if you are pairing it with treatment from trained professionals. While you are in the thick of it now and it feels never-ending, you WILL come out on the other side!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
        Working...
        X