i think i need help... but how?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i think i need help... but how?

i think i might possibly have some sort of mental illness. even if i dont, im really having a hard time, but i have no one to talk to. i took a small evaluation at my doctor's and she suggested that i see a counselor. I went to one and during my evaluation, i was with my mom the whole time, so saying things like "yes, ive thought of suicide" or "yes, ive hurt myslef before" and describing how was really uncomfortable and difficult for me. I couldn't fiinish my evaluation that day so we left and when I got home i just told my mom that i would be ok without a counselor. I really hoped to be able to talk to one though, because ive tried talking with my mom and friends but they dont seem to understand and always criticize. A therapist was sort of my last choice, now i dont know who to go to.

I understand that talking about intimate thought you have in front of parents can be hard. You are brave taking the first step so take the next one and talk to your mom about really wanting to talk to a counselor. If it helps, write your mom a note explaining this, it can help. Your mom took you so it seems like she is supportive of you, on your side and wants whats best for you. Just try talking about it. Just understand that you are the only one who can help yourself get help by being open and honest. YOur mom or the counselor will not be able to help you if you are telling them how you truly feel. I hope this helped you and if you want to talk about this or anything else please text or call anytime at 888-222-2228.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Stick Out Tongue :p Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
    Working...
    X